Children and youth who have been removed from their families because of abuse, maltreatment or disruption find safe, temporary shelter at The Cottage at Wayfinder Family Services. Able to house up to 26 children at a time, this transitional housing and shelter care program in Los Angeles nurtures and stabilizes children in short-term emergency placements. Working hand-in-hand with the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, our services ease trauma for children.
Children from birth to age 17 in Los Angeles County who are experiencing the trauma of being removed from their families due to abuse, neglect or abandonment or whose homes have been disrupted will receive:
- Temporary transitional housing and shelter care in our state-of-the-art facility in Los Angeles
- A supportive, therapeutic environment to help address trauma
- 1:3 staff to child ratio and capacity to serve 26 children at a time
- 24-hour nursing services and an experienced team of professionals to care for displaced children with medical challenges
- Short-term, immediate crisis and case management
- Ample space for engaging children in leisure and recreational activities
- Community activities to develop socialization skills
- On-site nursing services to meet children’s medical needs
We also have County child welfare staff on-site to coordinate individualized services, including placement and contingency planning.
May 6, 2018