Throughout its 70-year history, Wayfinder has remained committed to equity, which is a key pillar of our strategic plan. Wayfinder is embedding inclusion, diversity, equity—and accessibility for our clients with disabilities—(IDEA) throughout the organization.
Evidence of Wayfinder’s dedication to IDEA can be seen in
- Staff who reflect the communities we serve
- Leadership that is approaching 50% people of color
- Board of directors that is increasing diversity in ethnicity or lived experience
- Formation of the Inclusion Council in 2019—employees who champion IDEA within the organization
- Establishment of the Equity Council in 2021—staff and clients who are tackling the complex barriers to socioeconomic mobility that our clients face
- Required training for all employees in implicit bias and antiracism
- Engagement of experts to inform our strategy and guide our plan of action
- Our programs have a strong commitment to inclusive services for all families, including LGBTQIA+ families.
Wayfinder has made a long-term, serious commitment to embedding IDEA in our culture, mission and vision.