WRAP TRANSITION WEEKEND AT A GLANCE
The Workforce Readiness and Academic Preparation (WRAP) Weekend is a transition program designed to guide participants through community-based experiences and problem-solving opportunities. Participants pursue learning objectives designed to help each individual successfully transition to independent living, post-secondary continuing education, and/or competitive integrated employment.
The April 2023 WRAP Weekend will center around participation in the CTEBVI Annual Conference and Youth Institute, a unique opportunity for participants to practice self-advocacy and social skills in a professional conference setting.
Instruction will include a combination of selected conference sessions and lessons taught by Wayfinder instructors using the “Putting Your Best Foot Forward” transition curriculum from the National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC).
Students will participate in tours of Orientation Center for the Blind (OCB), the Ed Roberts Campus, and the Hatlen Center for the Blind as part of the WRAP Weekend.
Wayfinder will house participants who are ages 16-22 at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront hotel. A block of rooms will be dedicated for our program, where participants will be assigned appropriate roommates according to chronological age, gender, and developmental/intellectual maturity.
Wayfinder staff will maintain a 24-hour presence ensuring safety for all participants involved.
Requirements for Participation:
– Participants must have approval to attend through their Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) counselor
– Participants must fill out an online application packet
– Participants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend Programming (Booster not required but highly encouraged)
– Participant must be tested for Covid-19 with a Covid-19 PCR test three days before arrival to Program
– Participant must have a current Tuberculosis Screening Test