Exciting News! We’re teaming up with United in Stride and Blind Fitness of Santa Barbara for the November 5th Santa Barbara Half Marathon & 5K. Our goal is to bring together blind and visually impaired participant adults (18+). If you’re interested, you’ll have the chance to expand your network and make new friends!
To make this happen, we need your commitment by September 8, 2023. We plan to have a dinner the night before, so we need to know who’s joining. This will help us arrange guides and support.
Spots are limited. We can only accommodate 10 participants and their guides.
Here’s what you need to know:
Registration and Discounts: DEADLINE TO REGISTER – Friday, September 8, 2023
- You get a 10% discount on registration through our group.
- Use promo code “UNITEDINSTRIDE10” for the discount.
- Guides can register for free with all amenities. After registering as a participant, please reach out to Richard Hunter to register your guide for free at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need a guide, we can help but let us know.
- Register here: https://register.santabarbarahalf.com/#eventNav (required to participate)
- During registration process select button -> Visually Impaired Participant.
- Check joining existing team -> “Blind Fitness United in Stride”.
- Select team type -> “Club/Group”
- We’ll cover your transportation, accommodation, and food.
- You’re responsible for your registration fee.
- We’ll leave on Saturday afternoon, November 4, 2023.
- We’ll head to our accommodation, have dinner with our new friends from United in Stride and Blind Fitness.
- Get a good night’s rest at Camp Whittier.
- Transport you the next morning, after early breakfast, to the starting point.
We’re here to support you and ensure this event is stress-free. Reach out to Annelie Du Plessis at email@example.com, and we’ll help with guides or any questions you have. Let’s make this event memorable!