Our Family Resource Navigator program provides trauma-informed, in-person and virtual outreach to families of NICU-admitted babies. The program aims to increase connections for families with NICU-admitted babies to local early intervention programs offered by Wayfinder’s Child Development Services as well as form connections to local social services for the family.
- Program Highlights
- Referral Procedure
- Visits to Neonatal Intensive Care Units to establish relationships with families, medical providers, social workers, and transition planning teams.
- Relationships with community-based organizations within LA and Ventura County to support families with newborns to 5 years of age.
- Monthly parent/peer support groups, quarterly playdates and annual events.
- Customized supplies to support the family if there is a need, including diapers, wipes, and informational resources for family members
- Referral assistance to the regional center
- Assistance with MediCal application