Our Assistive Technology Training program is offering a 3-day intensive Android accessibility workshop on March 24, 25 and 26.
Attendance requires approval from your Department of Rehabilitation counselor. Read below for more information and registration information!
Adults with visual impairment will learn how to fully utilize the Android OS and maximize its functions for use in communications, continuing education, time management, organization, travel and more. This workshop will cover the basic features of the Android eco-system:
1. Introduction to Android
- Learning how the Android platform works on Smartphones & Tablets
- Learning how Accessibility works on the Android Ecosystem
2. Android Setup & Interface
- Learning how to setup any Android Device (smartphone or tablet)
- Learning how to customize any Android Device (smartphone or tablet)
- Learning what Apps can help support Accessibility on any Android Device (smartphone or
3. Talkback & Accessibility
- Learning how to turn on Talkback and how to use Talkback features (swiping the screen)
- Learning how to use features in Accessibility options (such as enlarging print, using the
magnifier, and inverting the screen)
4. Android ABC’s
- Learning how to setup preferences and customizing icons (Widgets) on your android device (smartphone or tablet)
- Learning how to setup the WiFi & Hotspot on your Android Device (smartphone or tablet)
- Learning how to setup Bluetooth Devices (speakers or keyboards) on your Android Device
(smart phone or tablet)
March 24, 25 and 26 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Wayfinder’s Main Campus
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
HOW TO REGISTER
Attendance requires approval from your Department of Rehabilitation counselor. Contact Maria Del Carmen Herrera Assistive Technology Training Supervisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 295-4555 ext. 271
Lunch will be provided. Overnight accommodations can be arranged if needed; breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for overnight students. Spanish instruction also available if needed.
February 27, 2020