Parents are the most critical members of an early intervention team!
PAIVI (Parents and Their Infants with Visual Impairments, 2nd Edition), written by Deborah Chen, Gail Calvello and Clare Taylor Friedman, is an updated version of the original Parents and Visually Impaired Infants (PAVII).
This set of materials is designed to help parents and teachers of infants (Birth to Three) who are visually impaired become involved as primary members of the intervention team. The original materials (PAVII) were created as a part of a 3-year project of Blind Babies Foundation with support from the U.S. Department of Education.
New PAIVI Practitioners Manual Includes:
- Parent Assessment of Needs (PAN)
- Parent Observation Protocol (POP)
- PAIVI Assessment Guides
- The Art of Home Visiting:
- CD-ROM contains a BRF in Unified English Braille (UEB) and an HTML file of the manual and PDF files of the assessment forms.
PAIVI Parent Booklet Set (included in kit, also available separately):
- Learning Together: A Parent Guide to Socially Based Routines for Very Young Children with Visual Impairments:
- Getting Ready for Preschool: A Parent Guide to Transition
- CD-ROM contains a BRF in Unified English Braille (UEB) and an HTML file of each booklet.
October 11, 2019