Our Assistive Technology Training program is offering a 3-day intensive IPhone accessibility workshop on December 16, 17 and 18.
Attendance requires approval from your Department of Rehabilitation counselor. Read below for more information and registration information!
Adults with visual impairment will learn how to fully utilize their iPhone and maximize its functions for use in communications, continuing education, time management, organization, travel and more. This workshop will cover:
New Accessibility Features in iOS 13.2.2
- Dark mode to help low vision users who are sensitive to light
- Voice Control, an accessibility feature that can be used with VoiceOver, which allows individuals with physical disabilities to control their iOS device using voice commands
- New and updated VoiceOver gestures
iPad users can now connect an external storage device to their iOS device. This allows the File app to use an OCR scanner to save a scanned document on the local device.
Basic iPhone Features
- Description of the features and functions of the iPhone
- Basic voiceover gestures
- Exploring settings
- The Rotor
- How to connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi and other options
- The Phone App
- Text Messages
- The App Store
- The News App and how to read stories
- How to save battery life
January 14, 15 and 16, 2020
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Wayfinder’s Main Campus
5300 Angeles Vista Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
HOW TO REGISTER
Attendance requires approval from your Department of Rehabilitation counselor. Contact Maria Del Carmen Herrera Assistive Technology Training Supervisor at:
email@example.com or (323) 295-4555 ext. 271
Lunch will be provided. Overnight accommodations can be arranged if needed; breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for overnight students. Spanish instruction also available if needed.
November 15, 2019