WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10th, from 10 AM until 3 PM
Address: 5300 Angeles Vista Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90043
All candidates must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid California Driver License and a driver record acceptable to Wayfinder Family Services insurance carrier including good driving records for the last 3 years.
We are seeking Counselors to provide a safe and therapeutic environment for our Transitional Shelter Care (TSC) that serves children ages 5 – 17 who have serious or life-threatening medical or mental health conditions and are involved in the foster care system.
STARTING PAY RATE: $18.00/HR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION LEVEL
Limited Time $2,000 Sign-On Bonus (500 paid quarterly; excluding On-Call)
Shifts Available: AM, PM, Overnight (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Job Duties Include:
- Ensures the health, safety, and welfare of our residents in the program.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and supervising milieu programs such as recreational and therapeutic activities, which promote developmental competencies and skills targeted to child’s unique and special needs.
- Engage/coach our residents with different sports activities like basketball, soccer, baseball, swimming, etc.
- Provides supportive guidance, working closely with mental health clinicians, supervisors, and social workers.
- Reports any incidents/accidents according to incident reporting procedures and protocols, within designated timelines as outlined in the reporting procedures.
- Provides transportation to residents to medical appointments, community outings, meetings, or other locations by driving agency vehicles.
- Ensures a safe and clean living environment, participating in household cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related field ORAssociate’s Degree with 12 semester units in related field and experience working with youth OR High School Diploma and previously employed as a full-time staff or volunteer at a group home or residential program for at least one year or relevant life experience in child welfare.
- Minimum of one (1) year residential experience with at-risk severely emotionally disturbed (SED) youth and/or non-minor dependents (NMD), preferably Emergency Shelter.
- Current Pro-Act Certification, preferred.
We offer opportunities for advancement, training, competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long term Care
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 4% employer match after qualification
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
This is an exciting time for Wayfinder Family Services and we invite you to be a part of it.
Come to our job fair to see what we are talking about!
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
If you cannot attend our job fair, please apply online or forward your resume to email@example.com
Wayfinder supports a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
November 3, 2021